Post NaNoWriMo

Another NaNoWriMo has come and gone.  I didn't hit the goal of 50k words.  I'm not too bummed out about it though.  I finished Hero Unit 3: Fallout, which I've been struggling with for months.  I made progress on a story that I started as whim.  I didn't think it would ever amount to much, but now I'm starting to hit my stride with it, and I like where it's going.  For me, that means my efforts over the last month were successful.

The next question is always, where do I go from here?  Well, for starters I have a read through to do on Hero Unit before I send it to my editor (yes I have an editor now).  Of course, I want to continue with my new book, though it requires quite a bit more research than anything else I've written.  The biggest challenge is to keep the momentum I gained during November.

Every year I put for the effort to participate, either officially or not, I struggle to maintain that momentum, the drive to finish books.  There are a number of reasons why, some legitimate, some not, but I always lose it.  I'm hoping this year will be different, even if it hasn't been so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post = shameless self promotion!

Follow Up

My Life